By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martyn Chorlton 3

Here is a list of all the postings Martyn Chorlton 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: looking for a forum member
20/01/2020 14:25:39

I'm afraid there is no one with that nickname currently registered on the Model Boats website. Cheers Martyn

Thread: MB & Other Magazines
16/01/2020 17:05:56
Posted by redpmg on 16/01/2020 10:15:03:

'Larry - if it was a few page article - not a problem - but either the contributor or the editor knew it had been published before. The space over 3 issues could have well been used for articles by the old faithfuls'

Well the editor didn't, until the first part was published and I had already commited to a three parter. I'm an editor not a model boat magazine historian with unlimited resources and an archive to envy!

Thread: Boat Identification in MB Oct 2019 Issue
04/09/2019 15:44:31

Hi Adrian - I'm afraid the author of that particular article did not supply any captions purely because she is not a 'model boater'. However, I would have thought a message to Goole MBC would be the answer. The clubs website is at the end of the article. Cheers Martyn

Thread: James P Woods 1/35 PDF Plan (J P Woods)
08/02/2019 15:55:22

The March 2019 issue of MODEL BOATS contains a free plan of a typical US Harbour tug James P. Woods designed by Dermot Curnyn. For those who would like the original 1/35 scale version, which was too big for our standard A1 sheet, please see the link below.

The 1/35 scale version plan is on two sheets and can be downloaded from the link below:-

James P Woods 35th Scale Sheet.pdf

Edited By Martyn Chorlton 3 on 08/02/2019 17:19:09

Edited By Martyn Chorlton 3 on 08/02/2019 17:22:43

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor