By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eddie Lancaster

Here is a list of all the postings Eddie Lancaster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Thames Sailing Barge Stuff
01/09/2019 19:17:00

img_0010.jpg

30" TSBs at hearne Bay today.

Hi.Ray, I had a great day meeting you all and seeing your boats, and recieving your help and sugestions to improve the sailing of my boat

As soon as I get home I will start work on it and hope to have them all completed for the Bluewater Meet.

All the best.

Eddie.

Thread: Vic Smeed's HMS Cossack MM500
01/09/2019 18:58:46

Hi.Roger, I will be there on both days, I will have two hats on, My TSB one with AMBO group and with the Wicksteed Park MBC, see you there.

Met up with Ray at Hearne Bay today, see the TSB thread.

Regards.

Eddie.

01/09/2019 07:08:28

Hi. All, welcome aboard Brian, Ray is leading this pack with his build, Roger and I are a little way behind, but we do benifit from his experience.

Over the next six weeks I have three weeks away, TSB racing and a Tug day at Bluewater and then a family get together, so not much building for while.

Regards.

Eddie.

Thread: The Editors right to edit
31/08/2019 19:55:57

Hi.Ray,I agree, I have only ever recieved help and encouragement without any malice from all the contributors to this forum,and I can see no resaon to go elsewhere for that help.

BTW see you tomorrow at Hearne Bay, please be gentle with melaugh.

Regards.

Eddie.

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
22/08/2019 18:04:45

dscf3637.jpg

Barge towed well,only needed half throttle, so should handle two barges no problem. The flooding water tank works well taking the barge down to the water line.

dscf3640.jpg

Another club member launched his new barge today, with his pusher tug,the tug has RC hook up for the barge a bow thruster on the barge, and a working bow door for loading vehicles, the barge is 1.1metres long.

Eddie.

22/08/2019 13:59:54

Hi. Ray, yes very neat,that is one of my to do jobs, but not looking forward to it, as you say a long hole and a lot ofwood to go through, but I do have some extra long drills to hand so just a bit of care needed.

Regards.

Eddie.

21/08/2019 07:24:44

Good old Dadwink.

Eddie.

20/08/2019 08:06:08

Hi.Ray, you are right it does look too new, I had thought of using some ruat paint but that has to be done well to look right, so I will leave as is for the time being.

Regards.

Eddie.

20/08/2019 08:00:05

Hi. All, I'm glad you're having a good holiday Roger, you should be all bright eyed and bushey tailed and ready to go when you get back homesmiley.

I put the resin coat inside the hull yesterday, a double layer of glass fibre in the bottom to support the ballast, and tissue inside the planking, this has strengthened the sides a great deal, like Ray I am going to start on the top works, should have a delivery today of ply and hardwood, some for Cossack and some for the IOM.

I had thought of using 1/32" ply for the gun turrets, but maybe balsa strips would be easier around the small diameters?

Regards to all.

Eddie.

19/08/2019 14:38:55

The first dumb barge loaded and crewed ready to gosmiley.

dscf3630.jpg

Regards.

Eddie.

17/08/2019 08:55:32

Hi. Ray, yes they are both safe and well, they are ready to crew the dumb barges now.

I am not staying for the Headcorn show, my freinds are off to the New Forest that weekend.

Regards.

Eddie.

15/08/2019 21:12:32

Hi. Ray, the risk assessment suggested that they shouldn't ride on the logs due to the strong windssad.

Regards.

Eddie.

15/08/2019 14:17:55

Master Elliott out with its log boom for the first time, it coped well with the rough conditions, just had to use full throttle to keep control.

dscf3624.jpg

Eddie.

Edited By Eddie Lancaster on 15/08/2019 14:19:36

14/08/2019 21:28:23

Embryo cleats, 12 roughed out and another 12 to go before finishing and painting, all for the two dumb barges.

dscf3619.jpg

Eddie.

14/08/2019 20:14:08

M'mmm!

Thread: Dumas kits
12/08/2019 08:06:52

Hi. Graham,nice to hear from you again, as Ray says you were missed. I'm not sure what he is getting us into now but it sounds as if it would keep us off the street corners and out of the pubssad.

Regards.

Eddie.

10/08/2019 08:27:05

Hi.Ray, thanks for your encouragement, the barges are next on the list of jobs to be done, basically painting and finishing details, they will be carrying the finished cut timber away from the mill.

Regards.

Eddie.

09/08/2019 21:25:50

Thanks Brian.

09/08/2019 21:19:54

dscf3617.jpg

I hope this looks something like a log boom to go with Master Elliott, just a few chains and a couple of towing hooks to add.

Eddie.

08/08/2019 21:45:27

Hi. Ray, that's a lot of weight for a comparatively small hull, but with most ofthat in the bottom she should be stable.

I think you are right about heavy weight glass cloth on the inside,we don't want the bottom dropping outblush do we?

I will also go with my favourite lead shot held in place with resin, that is when I get to that stage,

I came home from boating today with another project, one of our members bought a cheap? yacht at the Mayhem weekend, first time out the mast collapsed, he has spent a few weeks trying to fix it without much success, so it is now in my dining room being re-rigged, plus a new gooseneck, kicking strap and sail booms, me and my big mouth!

Regards.

Eddie.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Pendle Boilers
Premier Thursday
Cadma new
Shrek
PremierJuly 2019
Premier March
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor