By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Cookie

Here is a list of all the postings Cookie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BRUTUS MK 11
03/09/2020 10:03:40

Get well soon Paul

Regards Dave

01/08/2020 12:31:31

Hi Bob , The revs were all over the place , did not respond to the stick sometimes , the motors ran at different speeds to each other they were wired to a Y lead into 1 channel of the receiver , i tried everything but nothing worked so ended up sending back . They were cheaper than the Perkins ones but looked identical , anyway i got 2 more Perkins ones and they were fine .

Take Care Bob

Best Regards Dave

31/07/2020 23:30:05

Hello Bob , My first Perkasa i used the same esc as yours i got from Perkins and were fine , However i bought 2 more more for another project from another supplier and they were awful , Hope Yours are not the same Best Regards Dave

Thread: Twin Brushless Set Up
28/07/2020 19:27:18

Paul , i run 2 identical brushless motors with 2 identical speed controllers on a Y lead from the receiver with no issues Regards Dave

Thread: 1/40 scale KD Perkasa
21/07/2020 21:47:39

Looks good Dave , be nice to see a shot of the front lower bridge window details window frames and wipers ect , they are so difficult to get right as i knoooow

Dave

Thread: BRUTUS MK 11
26/06/2020 11:49:30

Looks superb Bob , you make it look easy mate

Regards Dave

06/06/2020 15:42:32

Great news Bob , Keen to watch your progress with the build .

Regards Dave

Thread: John Cobb's Crusader
14/05/2020 12:08:07

LOL

Thread: Freelance RFA
12/04/2020 23:34:11

Superb model ,Dave

Thread: Coronavirus
25/03/2020 19:37:25

Hello all, stay safe i know it's a pain staying in especially now with more retailers stopping mail order but we will get through this if we all stick together , Regards Dave

Thread: JJC units
26/01/2020 12:16:24

The overhauling issue was in my opinion more a problem with the JCC separate amplifier and not so much the master unit , the amplifiers were rubbish , i ended up using a 40 watt Maplin 12v amplifier which sounded great but my batteries hated it LOL

Dave

24/01/2020 19:16:08

I see , your sort Kip

Dave

24/01/2020 08:52:39

Hello Kip,I have used JJC sound units a lot over the years and have plenty of spares , The larger one is called the master unit and the smaller one is a slave unit .The number 310 is the recording that is on the chip as yours are the same you do not need the slave unit , all you need is 12v supply and a 4 watt speaker into the top terminal block and a Y lead from your ESC to the wire from the master unit . I am not sure what sound the PE310 is but i will look at my spares and let yon know ,Regards Dave

Thread: Blackpool Model Show 2019
20/10/2019 18:33:21

This was the first time i have not been able to attend Blackpool due to serious family health issues , The rest of our crew went and told me it was once again a great show .Colin i think it's going to be a battle to save the species unfortunately .

Dave

Thread: help needed on transmitter set, please
17/05/2019 09:42:57

Bo,you could just buy a Carson 14 channel radio it as your 4 standard stick controls plus 10 channels on toggle switches 5 latching and 5 none latching all for around £95 including receiver .

Dave

Thread: RMS TITANIC 1912
20/04/2019 10:19:17

A friend of mine and Titanic enthusiast recently told me the project was now back on track with new backers .

Dave

Thread: An unsung hero
12/04/2019 21:09:12

Well said lads , If you chopped Dave in half he would have boats written through him , i have had the pleasure of meeting him at shows and together with all the other MBM forum members i have meet he his a true gentleman .

Dave

Thread: Hooton Park Show
13/02/2019 07:27:37

See you there Paul

Dave

Thread: Long prop shaft
10/01/2019 07:02:17

Model Boat Bits and SHG will make any length shafts you require .

Dave

Thread: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
19/12/2018 16:53:12

Thanks Colin and Harry , I hope all my forum friends have a great christmas and a happy new year .

Dave

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Shrek
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor