By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Clark

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Clark has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
29/05/2019 22:40:30

Hi Ray, his offer was over my asking price so what can I say!

I honestly thought you were already retired, my apologies sir.

I used to drive professionally worked out about 1.7m miles, not much fun during my last few years on the road, packed it in in the last century. ooh I sound so old but I retired three years ago manipulated into it by my last employers when I said I wanted to go down to three days a week.

Never mind, I can make ends meet... just and I am enjoying my life again, no stress, no worries about meeting targets, no boss pressuring me to do what shouldn't be done. I love my life. laugh

Regards

Roger

29/05/2019 20:47:56

Hi Ray,

Yes I suppose with your 6,000 boats and building the next 1:1 scale HMS Belfast.... Hey just had an idea Ray..... Put the boiler in HMS Belfast!!! Good idea? Great idea laugh

Deposit paid on the Simplex, just got to wait for him to come over from Gedser Denmark! surprise. He does have a sister in Maidstone so only another 160 ish miles more to come here, glad it's him and not me.

Regards

Roger

Edited By Roger Clark on 29/05/2019 20:55:18

29/05/2019 10:24:30

Hi both,

I guess I'll have to 'bodge' it as I go then, thanks Eddie those pics would be appreciated.

Oh Ray, you should have said, I could have given you a special price, a very special price indeed. laugh

Kind regards

Roger

28/05/2019 22:41:21

Hi all,

Today has been a good day, sold the Simplex subject to payment, bought the Soling for less than I expected and the Fiesta was chucked in foc, yes today has been a good day indeed. smiley The Fiesta needs a rewire and a bit of tlc but the Soling is good to go. The controller is a Futaba running on 40Meg, I will probably

Must get back to the jobs in hand now, Tug and dumb barge, although I must confess I have started to set up the board for the Veronica build, only because I now have less confidence in the dimensions of the hull frames. I have sent Sarik an email.

Anyway time for my beauty sleep (up to 10hrs a day now but still not helping laugh)

Regards

Roger

27/05/2019 16:26:36

Hi Eddie, s/he is looking good, must concentrate on getting mine finished, too many diversions currently. frown.

Glad you met John, he is a nice guy.

Regards

Roger

Thread: Thames Sailing Barge Stuff
25/05/2019 23:21:42

Hi Eddie, looks like a good time had by all smiley I'm feeling a bit jealous!

Talking about barges did either you (or anyone building from Sariks' plans and kit) have any issues with frame 3? I laid out the frames against the plan and frame 3 does not fit to the drawing, frame 5 was also looking a bit rough but nothing a bit of fettling won't cure.

Also have either of you done an additional items list? That is what is required in the way of deadeyes, pulley blocks etc.? Just to save me trying to add it all up. As I'm not planning to race it I shall go for the big rig initaly and then the working rig. See any issues there?

I'm hoping to get to the tall ships at Gloucester docks tomorrow or Monday, I'll post some pics if SWIMBO lets me out to play. laugh

Bye for now

Roger

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
24/05/2019 17:55:50

Hi Eddie, good to hear from you smiley, you got a wig for your yug? That's a bit over the top sirlaugh. I've finished planking the wheelhouse now, just need to sand, fill and seal and that'll be another bit ticked off, seems to be going slower now but I'm trying to make a good job of it and not rush.

Interesting battery life we'll see what I get out of mine.

Two barges? bulk transfer of coal to Wales?

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting either the Soling or, if the price is right, the Fiesta as well. Only other purchase might be a Micro Magic but that will be it. The Veronice has to be built.

If this Mayhem is the Wicksteed one say hello to John Vynal, he's the chap that I bought the Perkasa off.

Have a great weekend

Regards

Roger

23/05/2019 21:55:44

Just found a chap who's selling a Soling and a Fiesta not too far from me so going over on Tuesday morning to have a look.

Thanks for the tip on CD cases, got a few of them kicking around, task will be to find some without scratchs. smiley

Regards

Roger

Edited By Roger Clark on 23/05/2019 22:25:06

23/05/2019 21:00:44

"I hope your going to glaze you captains wheelhouse ?" Of course Ray, how could you even think that I would leave my leader open to the elements sir? Hah the very thought!!!

I've looked at both of those, and it may well be that I get a micro as the club I've just joined, Gloucester & District, race those on a weekly basis. and I like the size of the Victorias. I don't really want to get into racing just sail for fun, I've looked on Ebay and there's plenty on there and at reasonable prices but soooo far away though, very frustrating. sad

Regards

Roger

23/05/2019 19:28:27

Hi All, started to plank the wheelhouse but I'm a bit worried about the captain,he was all in bits laugh but I had a chat with him and he's sticking with it now laugh. :-

img_20190523_150410.jpg

img_20190523_150420.jpg

Still some to do to him yet, a bit of filling out and a bit of paint and then he's on station for ever!!!

Trying to decide on a sailing boat to get some practice in but just going round in circles at the moment. sad

How's yours coming along Eddie?

Started that tub yet Ray?

Regards

Roger

21/05/2019 10:01:30

Hi Eddie, that must have been frustrating, must have driven you quackers sad.

I've been waiting for certain bits for the tug, most is here now so I'll work them both. Now I have the Perkasa I have something to run, still work to do on it though, an oerlikon gun kit for the stern and fettle the superstructure to fit the deck better, just a bit nervous that it'll come off at full bore.

Regards

Roger

20/05/2019 19:50:12

Yes and find a very big lake Eddie laugh Mines coming together, how's about yours? cheeky

Being a Railroad tug I only need 2 max smiley

Regards

Roger

Edited By Roger Clark on 20/05/2019 19:59:23

19/05/2019 21:31:48

Another interesting bit of Tug history and source of inspiration:-

Nice bit of history too.
Regards
Roger

18/05/2019 21:48:08

Haha, if only Raylaugh

Thanks, looking forward to it, once I have the rest completed frown

No nothing on the Simplex, just an offer of 300 refused of course.

Regards

Roger (Lady Ellie) Wood.

18/05/2019 16:45:53

Ok Ray,

lets take it from the top laugh

May take 5 years - And?

Too long for my current car - 5 years time you'll have changed your car wink

Having spent £300 on bits - cheapster

What do you do with it - Have fun

Where do I keep it - Garage - leave the new car outside.

So having agreed it's a total waste of time, I will follow your instruction and start cutting the bulkhead 😀 - That's the way, positive forward thinking. laugh

Just have a cat & aeroplane to finish first - Leave the furry feline alone and what do you want another plane for? Have you crashed all the others?

Have a great weekend

Regards

Roger

18/05/2019 09:29:41

Now that would be a project and a half, sooo many options for FX and sound and reality. Go for it, do it NOW laugh

Regards

Roger

17/05/2019 22:16:58

Ummm you've completed 30, selling 6, that leaves 24!!! Is the medication and/or counselling not working Ray? laugh

Regards

Roger

17/05/2019 21:51:51

Hi Eddie, Yes it does take over a bit, never mind eh smiley,

I've made myself a promise that I will complete the Tug and Barge and have the Perkasa seaworthy before I start..... honest darling surprisecheekylaugh.

Here's some further work on the barge:

img_20190517_213210.jpg

img_20190517_213221.jpg

A little booboo on the bulkheads, I didn't allow for the deck support rails, I'll notch out the bulkheads tomorrow.

Regards

Roger

17/05/2019 19:56:19

Got some more done on the barge today, started gluing up the assembly:

img_20190517_151844.jpg

Not much to see really, even though I'm sorting the workshop and making space it seems to get sucked up by stuff:

img_20190517_152602.jpg

img_20190517_152637.jpg

ooh whats this then? Another lady in my life? laugh

I've done a little bit more on the tug, mainly painting bits that are going in the wheelhouse so that I can panel the outside and finish that part off.

Tested out the Perkasa and running gear seems ok slowly identifying bits to be done before I get her bottom wet.

Anyway, I think that's all for now.

Regards

Roger

PS had to watch the Veronice DVD.... sails and rigging looks easy peasy smileyfrowncheeky

16/05/2019 17:52:50

Hi Eddie, I've cut out the sides, bottom and bulkheads using his measurements plus cut to fit and got some of the support battens glued on so I'll start making the box this weekend, photos later this evening.

You know that Perkasa (correct spelling this time smiley) that I was on about?

Well,

img_20190516_165755.jpg

It berthed at 16:30 this evening, and no I didn't drive up there to get it either. It must have been deemed to be right by Poseidon because it turned out that his daughter and husband were coming to Hereford today so there you have it, I have my MTB, comes with all the running gear, batteries for drive, radar and nav lights, just requires tx & rx and good to go. Needs a bit of tlc and I shall look to build it on so happy chappy. smiley

Time to scare some duckys devil

Regards

Roger

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Sarik
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor