By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Clark

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Clark has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Vic Smeed's HMS Cossack MM500
01/08/2019 11:02:43

Ian, you deserve a medal angel this grandson of mine just winds me up, the other two were fine, unless it's me twenty years on.

Ray,

sent you a pm, plans arrived today, woo hoo, would get cracking other than the fact I'm detailed to prison officer for no 3 grandson. devil, love him to bits though wink

Roger

31/07/2019 22:50:10
Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 31/07/2019 20:48:42:

Hi Roger,

Cracking books, you may have added 2 years to your build 😀 plans in the post

Regards Ray

Thanks Ray, look forward to receiving them. And thanks to you and Eddie for your congrats. I agree, grandkids are great but 2 hours max with our 5 year old though, attention span of a gnat! Doctors said I'm not to eat a whole one now sad shame!

when the books arrive I'll be able to keep you and Eddie in line now, make sure everything is in it's place. wink

Only 2 weeks to my hols so I'm taking the books with me for any wet days. laugh We're going to Falmouth.... or if it's a wet week Foulmouth. devil

Roger

Thread: Wood strips
31/07/2019 19:05:24

Hi Paul,

Personally I would lay oversize, cut when glue has cured away from the edge of the hatch from the top and then gently sand away the remainder. When you cut start from the thickest end towards the thinnest, i.e. 40mm to 30mm, that way you will reduce the risk of the grain splitting into the hatch area.

Regards

Roger

Thread: mahogany sheet
31/07/2019 18:57:01

SLEC.ltd & Hobbies both do 0.8mm mahogany sheet

Thread: Vic Smeed's HMS Cossack MM500
31/07/2019 17:49:16

Hi Brian,

PM sent

Regards

Roger

29/07/2019 22:00:41

Thanks Ray, have PM'd you.

I spent a very hot day in my workshop attic having a clearout, now have plenty of storage space for my boats, once they are sorted out the workshop is having it's tidy-up so that I can work properly in there rather than falling over stuff all of the time. smiley. I'll take some pics once it's tidy, too embarrassed to take therm now. blush.

Oh just been told I'm to be a grandaddy for the fourth time!

Onward and upward woo hoo

Roger

29/07/2019 14:50:37
Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 24/07/2019 20:45:01:

Hi Roger,

Shall I get the enlargements and send them to you ? It would be good to see some more Cossacks being built 😀

Yes long running catamaran project coming along its a 1978 Comanche 32 bit of a challenge to keep it light, just ordered the sails from Frank at Nylet so I'd better get on with that aswell 😯

Regards Ray

Hi Ray, just been to the copy shop and even though they've had the plans for a week 'they've been too busy to do them!!!'

Can I take you up on your kind offer please?

Thanks

Roger

24/07/2019 21:16:35

Hi Ray,

Can I hang on to that very kind thought until the weekend and see what they come back with please?

I looked at the 1:1 scale of the Cat, lovely lines on it but way above my pension smiley

Regards

Roger

24/07/2019 13:32:25

Yours is looking good I must admit, and what is that lurking in the top right? a sailing catamaran?

Edited By Roger Clark on 24/07/2019 13:34:02

24/07/2019 13:29:23

Cheers Ray, I did see your earlier comment and have said that to them but as you know 'work with monkeys..... wink

24/07/2019 12:50:39

Ok I'm throwing a moody now, it's too hot and I took the plan to a place to have my copies made and the comment is 'ooh we're not sure how to do this, it's on A0 paper and our scanner is only A1. We'll have to have a play and work out how we can best do it, oh and what it'll cost, probably £15 - £20 but we'll let you know by Friday'!

Different to the £10 plus 3.75 for a second copy they quoted on Saturday, had to walk out before my fuse burnt to the end. angry

Roger

18/07/2019 19:18:56

This conversation is getting weigh too heavy for me! sad

18/07/2019 15:35:42

I'm really brassed off now! laugh

Edited By Roger Clark on 18/07/2019 16:03:33

15/07/2019 21:48:37

No hurry!!!! I'll tell you what no hurry is, I haven't even got the plans enlarged yet. You to will have your Cossacks in the water and sunk before I have laid the keel! indecision

I have to clear some jobs out of the way and have a holiday before I make a start on this tub. I'm modifying my mini lathe with a stronger and larger crosslide so to take 6mm 'T' slots to improve it's versatility and also complete a quick change toolpost for my other lathe. Need to do these so that I can push forward with my steam engines, two of which will be for boats.

I've also got a big box trailer that is now surplus to requirements to finish tidying up ready for sale and to give me my drive back.

So watching with interest and planning my own slant on the build, probably involving extreme abuse to plasticard and other materials. laugh

Roger

10/07/2019 22:41:33

Um yes, they can only print A3! woopy doo we have real pros here laugh

I'll have to search Hereford when I get a chance to get there.

Roger

10/07/2019 22:17:14

I went down town to get the plans enlarged today and found the last remaining copiers couldn't copy that size so the planning dept. is already slipping behind schedule! sad typical!

Roger

Thread: Tug Day
10/07/2019 21:55:30

Yes for my sins I worked in Orpington for a while, travel down Sunday, work all week and back on Friday, a day and a half with my wife, not the best setup. I only put up with it as my employers said I could work from home, hah that didn't happen. Besides can't afford South East hotels on my pittance.

Roger

10/07/2019 20:58:56

Oh why do I have to live where I live? sad

Roger

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
07/07/2019 14:13:58

Aah yes, my problem is the reverse, if they don't do the housework they don't get paid!!!!

Thanks

Roger

07/07/2019 13:14:34

Hi Eddie, Aah practise makes perfect, so where have I gone so wrong in my life laugh. Should have been at the HSME invitation weekend to help out but feel so out of sorts it's a struggle to do anything at the moment sad, hey ho never mind tomorrows another day and I'll be fine, smiley

I'm thinking I should hire your team of builders or is it you actually pay them and have them on bonus? laugh

Roger

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Sarik
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor