By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Clark

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Clark has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Suspended activities
04/09/2019 16:03:01

Bob, that's great news, you could use that month gathering stock to build a tribal class destroyer along with the rest of us winklaughdevil

Regards

Roger

Thread: Vic Smeed's HMS Cossack MM500
02/09/2019 16:09:59

Do these help Ray?

Turret front: (the sharp end wink):

4_7 turret front.jpeg

and the rear:

4_7 turret rear.jpeg

Regards

Roger

01/09/2019 17:56:08

Any of you closet cossackers going to the International Model Boat Show at Warwick in November? I'll be going on the Saturday, would be good to have a meet.

Regards

Roger

31/08/2019 22:25:20

Go on Brian, you know it makes sense devil, besides I'm feeling all alone here as my shipmates haven cast off without me crying

I have tidied up the workshop somewhat and I no longer have to restrain myself from strangling my grandson as he's back to school next week angel 2 woo hoo.

Here's to the winter and central heating in my shed wink

Roger

Thread: Suspended activities
26/08/2019 19:48:43

My thoughts are with you Bob,

After a lifetime of eye problems and 7 operations including cataracts at 52 I know what it's like, being type 2 diabetic doesn't help either. My wife has a serious inherited defect with her one eye where the lens has ridges in it so has spent most of her life with the issue and now she has dry macular degeneration, it's getting close to the stage where she will be classed as blind but meaning that she has no clear vision so we're now looking at the options for coping in the future and have just ordered an Echo Dot so that I can set up the house for remote control of lights etc.

Anyway good luck with he op, I'm sure it will be successful wink

Roger (Cataracts done x 5)

19/08/2019 21:45:06

Good evening fellow cossackers, but iffy with the weather today but strolled the town with eyes open for fishy (read boaty) bargains, everyone thinks that if they put a sailing boat on display and say that it can be sailed then it's worth £650!!!!? It was certainly not as good or as big or detailed as our Thames barges.

Took advantage of the high tide and good weather this evening to sail my Flying Eagle on the high seas, very enjoyable, sorry no photos, too busy having fun. laugh

Sleep well peeps

Roger

19/08/2019 09:49:08

Hi Ray, so much for taking a month off! cheeky

Don't think I I want to go home, too nice here.

Regards Roger

17/08/2019 16:27:52

Well, it's so hard having to be on holiday

img_20190817_161408.jpg

img_20190817_161414.jpg

View from our balcony 😛

Regards

Roger

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
15/08/2019 14:26:05

Looking very business like Eddie yes

Regards

Roger

13/08/2019 20:40:31

No need to be sorry, I'm easily confused sad, 1/72nd would work well cheeky.

I gave a feeling that if I take the drawings on holiday it might clash with all the plans that the missus has worked hard for weeks to cover sun, rain and even snow, ummm did I miss anything darling? Only certain thing is I'll need a holiday when I come back. laugh I have been allowed to take my Flying Eagle though smiley

Regards

Roger

13/08/2019 19:27:28

Hi Ray,

I'm confused (which is easily done sad) Cossack is 377 feet and a Castle Class Corvette is 252 feet, thought that would be an appreciable difference in length?

Regards

Roger

13/08/2019 18:18:57

Hi John, yes definitely traitor, you could have put some big motors in the Tribal class and really put his nose out, never mind as long as you promise it's next. wink.

I've only just started so haven't seen that one sad

Roger

13/08/2019 16:58:37

Looking good Ray,

Can't wait to clear the decks and start mine, I might go down the route of ply frames and 0.8 ply skin for the hull and lose that half inch, any thoughts gentlemen?

Regards

Roger

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
10/08/2019 16:26:45

I assume you're building a working mill as well Eddie? smiley

Regards Roger

03/08/2019 23:06:14

I'm beginning to feel like an also ran in a horse race crying

03/08/2019 19:21:29

Ding, ah yes of course, Dumbo here was thinking boats! Duh!!

I think I built one from an Airfix kit many many moons ago.

Roger

03/08/2019 16:19:18

Hi Ray,

Put a pair of wheels on the stern and a tow hitch on the bows, sorted! laugh

Umm what's a walrus? other than something that lives of fish before anyone makes a quip. cheeky

Regards Roger

02/08/2019 22:47:39

So that would make H M S Vic how long Ray?

02/08/2019 19:30:43

Hand up everyone, time to be counted laugh, I'm afraid I'll be a rear gunner blush, oops that's plane talk laugh.

Once my hols are out of the way full steam ahead, oops, train talk

Roger

02/08/2019 16:55:20

My books from Brian arrived today, think that's my week in Falmouth sorted, Flying Eagle for calm, Soling for windy, books for too wet or too hot, I love it when a plan comes together. devillaugh

Many thanks Brian.

Regards Roger

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor