By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger Clark

Here is a list of all the postings Roger Clark has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
24/03/2019 19:56:44

Yes Ray, one of my locos is a LBSC Speedy, the other a Simplex.

Whereabouts is Bluewater? It sounds familiar!

24/03/2019 15:33:45

Hi both, I realize that now, guess I'm too used to engineers drawings where errors are a normally a lot smaller.

Eddie, Are you going to do a build log of yours? Only so that I can pick your brains. laugh

Regards

Roger

Edited By Roger Clark 1 on 24/03/2019 15:35:10

24/03/2019 12:37:07

I have found an issues with frame 7, it is too low on the deck line (sheerline?), by 5 or 6 mm.

How do these issues get highlighted?

Anyway, time for sticky bits frown

Roger

Thread: New Projects for 2019 ??
22/03/2019 21:52:00

" so have started on the James P. Woods tug. for the latter."

Hi Eddie, so that's 2 of us starting on this build, any more builders?

Regards

Roger

Edited By Roger Clark 1 on 22/03/2019 21:53:38

Thread: James P Woods 1/35 PDF Plan (J P Woods)
22/03/2019 21:39:22

Just started the build thread under 'A tug of two halfs'

Roger

Thread: A Tug of two halfs
22/03/2019 20:50:10

Please be gentle with me, this is my first boat build other than a Zwarte Zee which I'm looking for the accessory pack for and a continuation build of the Löschkreuzer Weser.

Laid the 2? keels today

img_20190322_200358.jpg

And cut the pairs of frames etc, they just need sanding to size. I used double sided tape to hold the pairs together, worked well. smiley

img_20190322_200506.jpg

What didn't work quite so well was the use of spray mount, went a bit too heavy on the keel and was a sod to get the paper off. sad

I plan to dry build the frames first and check all is ok before gluing and also to see if there is enough room for a steam plant, if not, sparks it is then.

Roger

Thread: Zwarte Zee accessory pack wanted
21/03/2019 22:49:54

Hi,

I've been given an older spec Billings Zwarte Zee to build but the person didn't have the accessory pack for it. I've tried various stockists and also Billings to see if they have an old pack but none seem to exist so this is a shout out to see if anyone has one lurking in a cupboard, attic, basement or wherever.

Thanks

Roger

Thread: James P Woods 1/35 PDF Plan (J P Woods)
19/03/2019 21:31:13

I'll do my best Ray, but I've moved over from 5" live steam locos as they are too heavy for my arthur itis and a bit out of touch with my wooden side. laugh

Regards Roger

19/03/2019 21:06:54

Thanks, just cutting out and laying down the keel...s?

Really looking forward to my first scratch build. Might go for steam but will decide as the hull takes shape.

Roger

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor