By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brian Barber 2

Here is a list of all the postings Brian Barber 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Corona Virus
23/03/2020 09:32:32

It has been decided by the committee that Chantry Model Boat Club will be closed until further notice with immediate effect.

Thread: 2020 Calendar
03/03/2020 11:58:13

The Chantry Model Boat Club's calendar is now on the club web page; chantrymodelboat.club

Thread: Chantry Model Boat Club
18/09/2019 13:28:31

Chantry Model Boat Club will be holding a Tug Day on October 6th. Time Trials, Steering and much more. Join us at the lakeside at Bluewater Shopping Centre for a fun Day of Tugs.

Thread: Tug Day
10/07/2019 15:19:23

Chantry Model Boat Club will be holding a Tug Day on Sunday 6th October.

Bring your Tugs and join us at our Bluewater lake.

10/07/2019 13:31:51

Sunday 14th July will be our open day. For Your Information, parking will be at the John Lewis Car park as the normal parking area is being used to build a summer attraction. Unloading of models is still at the service road to the side of the lake.

Thread: Chantry Model Boat Club Open Day
08/06/2019 17:35:21

Come and join us at the Bluewater lake for our Open Day on Sunday 14th July.

Summer Buffet, Free Parking and Toilet Facilities on site.

All welcome for a relaxing day of sailing.

Details at our web page; chantrymodelboat.club

Thread: New Web Page
29/04/2019 08:36:36

Chantry Model Boat Club have a new web page; chantrymodelboat.club

Forthcoming events are listed on the web site.

Thread: Dynam
25/03/2019 08:18:13

Dose any one have one of these Dynam 7ch  receivers going begging?Dynam 7ch Receiver

Edited By Brian Barber 2 on 25/03/2019 08:18:56

Thread: Starlet Yacht
18/08/2018 17:10:56

Hi David,

If you need a copy, I can scan you a copy if you send me your email in a personal message.

08/07/2018 09:29:57

On Sunday 15th July 2018, Chantry Model Boat Club will be holding their Open Day at Bluewater Shopping Centre. Summer Buffet, Free Parking and Toilet facilities Available. All welcome.

Thread: Graupner Optomist Yacht ?
25/05/2018 08:51:00

Hi all,

I have just been given a yacht hull which I think is of the Graupner 'Optimist' Yacht. Also in the bundle were the mast, booms sails, and very heavy keel weight. With a mind to getting it back to its former glory, dose any one out there have any building information/manuals on this kit?

I would be most grateful for any information,

Best regards and happy sailing,

Brian Barber.

01/05/2018 08:34:58

Sunday 13th May sees our 'SAIL BOATS & TUGS' day at Bluewater Shopping Centre. Summer Buffet, free parking and toilet facilities available. Come and join us for some relaxed sailing.

Thread: dacron sails
12/01/2018 08:39:52

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that, opinion seems to be split between hot knife and scissors. I think it will be down to trial and error.

Happy modelling,

Brian.

10/01/2018 16:28:34

Hi all,

Has anyone advice on how to trim dacron sail material?

Do I need any special tools, or will a good pair of scissors do the job?

Any advice welcome.

Thread: What Boat Is This?
12/06/2017 15:32:31

Hi Bob

That's an interesting thought ! I'm still looking into this, but I'm beginning to think that it is the old DMI model.

Thanks for your input, I will follow it up anyway.

09/06/2017 16:24:43

Hello Paul,

Yes it looks very similar. It has also been suggested that it may be an old kit from DMI called 'Admiral'. They were later bought out by Billings.

Thanks for your input, I will be doing more research into it.

Brian

09/06/2017 08:56:17

img_0516.jpgimg_0515.jpgimg_0514.jpg

Thread: cosmic wind yacht
09/04/2017 17:50:33

Dose any one have a manual for this model? I need to redo all the rigging and could use a diagram for the sheets.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks.

Brian

Thread: Starlet Yacht
15/01/2017 14:54:47

Hi there, I wonder if anyone out there has a copy of Vic Smeeds 'Simple model yacht' booklet. I am about to start on the Starlet Yacht and understand this booklet has building notes in it. Any help gratefully received, thanks.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor