By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for neil epworth

Here is a list of all the postings neil epworth has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: MH&B Henry build
16/11/2018 10:22:21

Thanks for info Batto lovelly model

14/11/2018 11:08:56

very nice Batto ,looked grand sailing in the vid.i,m just waiting to start on my own open steam launch.which boiler did you choose for your boat please

regards

neil

Thread: modern model boat steam introduction by richard simpson
14/11/2018 10:59:12

HI all i would like to find out when this 6 part series started so i can look it up in the archive section.

thanks in advance

neil

Thread: Vic Smeed Starlet
22/09/2018 20:35:21

Hi Dave

Ive just got the same parts kit from belair and plan from sarik.Not sure when I,ll be starting it. I,ll keep an eye on your postings to see if I can gain some pointers.Good luck with the build.

Regards Neil

Thread: Back Copies of Model Boats
12/09/2018 20:05:20

Hi Dave I,ve just bought a plan of the vic smeed starlet.I believe there is an article on the build in dec. 66 and sept.67.Be great if you had those pleaseregards

Neil

Thread: doyusha dynamic diving submarine
11/06/2018 11:03:10

I,m hoping someone may have the build instructions for U581 U Boat kit.i,m waiying delivery but comes with no instructions.It be great if someone has these and could copy them.Bit of a long shot I know.Thanks for looking

Regards Neil

Thread: tamco 3 channel 2.4GHz transmitter set up
18/03/2018 16:49:54

Well had another go today and am pleased to say all is working as it should.part of the problem was that the new motor was sticking.

, and not turning prop making me think the problem was the transmitter set up,Thanks for your input guys.Its a british waterways tug I,m building.I bought the hull off Ebay the rest is built from plasticard.I,ll try to post a pic when finished.

Cheers Neil

17/03/2018 11:57:57

Hi there people

does anyone know of any literature or notes on setting up this transmitter for boats.I,m used to the old 27mh sets .i have the instruction book but it makes no sense.Its based more on remote car operation.As do most of these type car or plane.getting to the stage where i,m going to go back to the old type sets.i,m in a club but work at sea so rarely get time to attend anything to ask advice.So i,m hoping you guys can come up with something.Thanks in advance.

Neil

Thread: instructions for hobby king richardson tug
18/10/2016 17:46:36

well,i no longer need instructions,found out when i install new speed controller the functions wont work and need a new transmitter and reciever. as well.oh well can change a few things now anyway.thanks for looking folks.

Neil

14/10/2016 19:54:47

hi i,ve just had the above model bought for me from a returns store on ebay ,unfortunately it came with no instructions.ie how the smoke unit works etc.would any one have one with instructions they could photo copy for me.thanks in advance .neil

Thread: kalle tug kit
28/08/2016 12:25:37

hi chas,thanks for reply,the instructions are not too good,but i think i,ve got it now(with wifes help)so hopefully all will be well.not to say i, wont be looking for advice in future.looking through the forum has answered a lot of my queries.best regards

neil

27/08/2016 13:35:54

kalle2

27/08/2016 13:35:39

kalle

27/08/2016 12:37:03

cheers colin will have another go,neil

27/08/2016 09:53:05

Thanks ashley,their are two main vac. pieces.hull and second moulding that contains wheelhouse,vent cowls.it also contains bulwarks which is the problem as i,m not sure what i need to be seperating and dont want to cut wrong .had hoped to down load pic. but could,nt get them to download,regards neil

25/08/2016 16:27:26

just bought this kit as a return to rc boats and am finding instructions awkward.especially the top plastic pressed housing,any one built this model and have some tips .have had a look online for some better build instructions but no luck,thanks

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor