By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Seaspray

Here is a list of all the postings Seaspray has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Electrics?
02/09/2007 19:27:00

Hi

You got to watch some of those johnston motors that don't have numbers on them. I had a 600 in a Bilge hull and it was drawing 17amps in the bath. I didn't know that till I tested it, cause it got too warm running on the bench. I was later informed that they use these motors in power tools..no thanks. The electronize ESC got hot but handled it. I now use mark up motors ie Graupner  400,500E,600. or 777, or 555. MFA ranges and the likes. You know what your getting when you buy named motors.

Thats not to say Johnson's motors are a bad motor. Just I know what I prefer to use.

Good Luck 

Thread: Ships plans?
02/09/2007 15:26:00

Hi

The National Maritime Museum is pretty expensive to buy plans from x amount per sheet plus postage and the more sheets the more the postage. I gave up and went else where

Good Luck

Thread: Icebreaker Polarstern
02/09/2007 15:20:00

Hi all

Anybody got any iformantion on this boat.

I know the company's site. But looking to get plans or small plastic kit if available.

Thread: Digifleet
29/07/2007 21:25:00
I heard sometime ago that they are only making Txs at the mo but the Rx were having a little prob with tunning ?? but don't quote me
try a Google on Digifleet. Your going back in time now.
Good Luck
Thread: Welcome back
29/07/2007 21:14:00
Hi Vinnie
Is there a members list available ?

Thread: Old MB site?
25/06/2007 12:52:00
Hi all
I prefer the old site. but ....
Thread: Can any body help?
24/06/2007 19:15:00
sorry mate lost the correct link ....
Thread: Propellor thrust
18/06/2007 08:51:00
I still say it is going to be trial and error to get what you require.

My rule is high speed=large pitch with a motor powerful enough to turn it.The diameter of prop 35mm-45mm/30 inch model is also inportant and you may not have much torque with this setup

Slow speed = small pitch moderate revs probable a largeish prop 45mm-55mm 70 inch model to me this has more torque which is more power/thrust.

Can I enquire what the bow thruster will be used in and the length of model and your motor voltage gearing arrangement.

There are ducted fan books on the aeroplane side of the hobby but I beleive (unless things have changed since my day more like jets nowadays)these had to be high reving glow plug engines.Usaully around the Rossi Engines.

Referring to bow thruster I was reading the other day that a modeller was useing awaterpump with tubes where the bow truster exit was, causeing a good jet of water to turn the boat with very good success.can't remeber where it was or what book

17/06/2007 19:29:00
You could go this way but many modellers like myself find that it it a case of suck it and see. My last model, it took an hour and 10 different pitches/diameters of propellers to get the boat running right.

http://www.amazon.com/Propeller-Handbook-Installing-Understanding-Propellers/dp/0071381767/ref=pd_sim_b_2_img/102-2705441-4429763

This might be of assistance??
Thread: Decal sets
12/06/2007 20:34:00
Hi merlin
Thanks I'll have a good look at their site cheers

Seaspray
01/06/2007 15:17:00
Cheers Barry
Seems to be a tricky subject as most people always have some trouble of some kind making them.However I'll keep on looking
Thread: Welcome to Model Boats!
30/05/2007 16:02:00
Yes. Always refer to the plan if you have got one.Both the distance and angle from the hull is important.Also size of prop and engine too.The angle is obtained by fitting the correct engine mount and the distance by the correct size of shaft. some scratch built model just won't accept exact prop/rudder positioning in a model.Experiment or ask somebody with the same model.The layout of radio/ fuel tank or batteries to trim the boat is paramount as is wieght of the above.
If your running an i.c. engine the water scoop behind the prop it to has to be correctly position in the wash of the prop to assist in pushing the cool water through the pipe work.
Various books available an old Vic Smeed one may suit
Lets know how you get on
28/05/2007 19:38:00
Welcome aboard Quinn
Hopefully it will grow to what it use to be
Thread: Decal sets
27/05/2007 15:55:00
Any member make their own decals using the computer/printer/camera /
Any information would be appreciated.
Thread: Welcome to Model Boats!
26/05/2007 15:29:00
E-bay or Google search for model shops or the Model Boats in the magazine directory or try Westbourne Model Centre Bournemouth 01202763480 they have a web site. Lots to try
Thread: old but not vintage
26/04/2007 07:24:00

Here is my very old cabin cruiser from early 1970
[IMG]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3033/dcp0072ph0.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL
Thread: Beware On-line Subscription Renewals
25/04/2007 14:05:00
o.k. mate
24/04/2007 12:06:00
yes mate please
Thread: Old MB site?
24/04/2007 11:56:00
fingers crossed
23/04/2007 11:44:00
Was there any software saved or able to be retrieved from this old site

seaspray
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor