By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mike Pendlebury

Here is a list of all the postings Mike Pendlebury has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Any lifeboat experts out there?
06/08/2020 11:52:48
Posted by John Thornton 1 on 05/08/2020 22:14:32:

Thanks, Mike. That's a great help.

I intend to fit them all and make them working. What I now gather is:

Red/green + stern = normal running

Blue flashing light = emergency

When would the forward facing while light be used, please?

The forward facing white mast light is also a required navigation light along with the stern and side lights.

05/08/2020 21:50:05

The blue light flashes same as fire/police/ambulance etc.

The other white light on the mast platform is part of the navigation lights with the red/green sidelights. as well as a rear facing white stern light on a short support above the door. These two white lights have resticted arc of vision so that the mast head light cannot be seen from the stern and visa vera for the rear facing light.

Thread: FTVOGUE Multi- Purpose Air Brush
17/08/2019 15:11:39
Posted by Tim Cooper on 17/08/2019 13:01:17:

Colin

I have some Bourbon but mine is a bottle of Woodford Reserve from my son. Must find a reason to open it.

Tim

If you woke up breathing this morning then that's a good enough reason!!

Thread: Humbrol Clear Colour
13/12/2017 14:59:39

Buy amber glass paint.

Thread: Facebook Cover
12/10/2017 14:42:59

Still my favourite picture of a boat I built.

Mike

Thread: 20A Brushless ESC and batteries
26/08/2017 17:03:09

Short answer is yes.

minimum lipo cell count is 2 maximum is 4

The 30C refers to the maximum ratre of discharge capable . If it was a 4 anp hour battery then its capable of delivering 120 amps over a very short time,

Mike

Thread: Plans
02/06/2017 14:36:22

Find a copy shop that deals with large plans/drawings etc and have your plans copied at 150%.

Mike

Thread: Doncaster model boat show
20/05/2017 19:35:55
Posted by Bob Abell on 20/05/2017 19:16:42:

Hi Dave

Welcome back to the land of the living, Cookie

Thank you for your kind words on the other thread btw

I've got a feeling that the Doncaster Show has been and gone?

Just read a report on the show on the Etherow Club Website

Bob

Not gone yet!! It's on the 3rd/4th June.

Mike

Thread: building lifeboat
22/10/2015 12:23:17

You can buy a full set of drawings for the Tyne direct from the RNLI and support them at the same time.

Click on  this link.

**LINK**

Mike

Edited By Mike Pendlebury on 22/10/2015 12:24:05

Thread: Subscription 'Pop-up'
16/06/2015 19:04:58

It's getting on my nerves as well, every time I come back to the site up it pops!!

I have Adblock installed but it doesn't stop it at all.

As to cookies, I refuse to have them on my system for any longer than the session I am online and have them all removed when I close down at the end of the day.

According to the system tools on my Firefox browser the Model Boats web site has already left 10 cookies on my system today !!!! Still the damm thing keeps appearing !!!

Mike Pendlebury

Thread: A stupid question
02/05/2015 17:17:21

The 9 is the outside diameter of the tube and the 0.45 is the wall thiskness of the tube ( all mm of course).

Mike

Thread: rubber extrusions
14/01/2015 14:12:23

Contact Andy Griggs at Models by Design. They sell the correct D moulding by the metre.

Click below for their contact details

**LINK**

Mike

Edited By Mike Pendlebury on 14/01/2015 14:13:42

Thread: New Dremel Micro
22/10/2014 12:52:06

Have given my new prize a good workout over the last few days and have to say it is an impressive little tool. I like the step speed control and led nose lights. The fit and balance in the hand are great. The battery keeps the motor plugging away without showing signs of slowing down when pushed a little too hard ( we all know we shouldn't but we all do!!). and the charge/docking station keeps everything ready to go. The supplied accessories have the ez click mandrel for the cutting discs and this allows the use of differing styles to be easily changed without fiddling about with tiny screws and washers The only gripe I have with the kit as delivered is that you only have the 3.2mm collet and the ones for small drills would be very useful.

Thanks once again for the prize, Mike Pendlebury

Edited By Mike Pendlebury on 22/10/2014 12:53:38

15/10/2014 19:52:50

My new Dremel Micro Tool prize arrived this afternoon. I look forward to giving it a good workout over the next few days on a couple of my latest lifeboat builds.

Thanks again, Mike

Thread: Thames Class Lifeboat 50-001
10/10/2014 11:43:31

Copy and paste it into your browser or try it here.

**LINK**

Edited By Mike Pendlebury on 10/10/2014 11:44:14

08/10/2014 21:11:58

I thought it was about time I updated/uploaded some more recent pictures of my boat builds.

This is the first of two boats of this class built by the RNLI. This model is in the early prototype form as before entering service the bow wasa changed several times and the superstructure had a "nose job" and revamp of the flying bridge area.

overall-05.jpg

Link to video clip of the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ouAuYPIHqpY&list=UUqJV1xEzcYZ0-t3Zy3hLV3g

Edited By Mike Pendlebury on 08/10/2014 21:27:44

Thread: December 2013 Model Boats Magazine
27/11/2013 14:18:14

The missing plan arrived today and my son is now happy as he can get on and build the boat!!

Mike

16/11/2013 18:55:05
Posted by Paul T on 16/11/2013 18:32:38:

Colin

I do appreciate that someone might want to build the model and I am sure that MTM would sort out the problem and I don't wish to appear blasé about the matter but in the great scheme of things a few missing drawings isn't all that important.

Paul

It is a problem, and it is important, if you want to build the boat and the hull lines sheet is missing.

Mike

16/11/2013 13:02:26

As a subscriber I have just received my copy of the latest Model Boats Magazine and the free plan is incomplete. It's only printed on one side! Is this just my copy or is it a problem with all the copies??

Mike Pendlebury

Thread: Restricted servo movement
05/02/2013 22:46:15

You are looking to see if there is a section that allows you to set the "end point" for the servo. This controls the amount of servo travel.

Assuming the physical stops inside the gear train of the servo allow it, then many of them can be set to swing up to nearly 180 degrees total travel.

Mike

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor