By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Vinnie Branigan

Here is a list of all the postings Vinnie Branigan has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New site layout
23/01/2009 13:18:14
Right!

Try inserting images now.  It's working beautifully as long as you're not using a steam-driven PC.  (We've made some changes. )

See?
19/01/2009 08:04:43
Hi Paul,
I'll put it on the list, but you can paste from Word now....and that has a spellchecker?

Vinnie
Thread: Message for The Fat Controller
16/01/2009 22:25:16
Yup.  We're working on big important glitches before we tackle the tiny ones.   I did not have a moderator badge, co's I wasn't a moderator. T'was editor of the site.  Think I'll stick to armour in future though.....

Seriously....there will be a new bod along very soon who will be able to concentrate fully on the site. 

Vinnie
15/01/2009 17:26:49
What makes you think I'm missing Len? 
Thread: New Forum look
14/01/2009 00:22:40
Thanks Rick, I've made a note of your suggestions and passed them to the developer.

Vinnie
Thread: Message for The Fat Controller
13/01/2009 19:47:05
I call it dementia.
13/01/2009 19:28:35
Nothing wrong with the PM system as far as I can see Bob.

Vinnie
Thread: Forum problems
13/01/2009 17:13:58
Bob,

As I explained in the other thread.  It's being worked on, and a solution will be found as soon as possible.

Vinnie
Thread: New Forum look
13/01/2009 07:27:48
Paul,

Firstly...the adverts are not bigger.   

Because of the change from Magicalia to My Hobby Store we had to develop new software to run the site on.  We had no choice in the matter. 

Of course it will look different. Its has been written from the ground up.  We're working hard to try and make sure it all works correctly.   We have been for months.  We will be working on it for many months ahead too.

Instead of yelling about the adverts that haven't actually changed, why not try being constructive and detail what does and doesn't work so we can begin to sort it  out.

Then we can move ahead and try getting this site as successful as MilitaryModelling.com.

Vinnie

12/01/2009 22:08:42
Wahay!  I have now!  

Right then.
12/01/2009 21:30:14
I can't get in either!  No admin powers.

Vinnie
Thread: Turbinia05.jpg
20/12/2008 12:49:00

Well.....I can see eight in this pic.  Which pic are you looking at?

Vinnie

Thread: Goole MBC
18/12/2008 11:44:00
Dave Allen reports on their 2008 MPBA scale qualifier.
Thread: Hamlets Dockyard
18/12/2008 11:13:00
Anthony Addams visits Elsinore Castle whilst on his travelsAnthony Addams visits Elsinore Castle whilst on his travels.
Thread: Alexandra
18/12/2008 10:48:00
Kevin Holmes describes his first attempt at model boat building.
Thread: Power requirements?
20/11/2008 18:19:00

Len,

No, sorry but it can't be done.

Vinnie

Thread: Internet Security
26/10/2008 07:18:00

Paul,

Your emails are nothing to do with this site.  They're just spam, and eventually everybody gets them.  Filter them. 

It's also nothing to do with security.  

You can have the best security in the world, but you'll still receive this sort of mail.

Vinnie

25/10/2008 22:39:00
Have they indeed?  Well we haven't.
25/10/2008 13:33:00

Paul, can you PM me the details, and who it is.  I need to look at their account.

Vinnie

25/10/2008 10:48:00

What exactly does 'someones contact files have been invaded' mean Paul?

I can assure you it's nothing to do with this site's security.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Pendle Boilers
Premier Thursday
PremierJuly 2019
Premier March
Shrek
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor