By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for timg

Here is a list of all the postings timg has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Seasons greetings
27/12/2021 15:48:50

Sorry I'm also late to the party

All the best everyone

Thread: Chez-When - 34" Sailing Cruiser
20/11/2021 22:18:33

Hi Ray

That's a top job, great choice of colours , I'm sure she will sail as good as she looks.

Could you please send me a copy of the article (no rush) because I have found the plans for sale but mentioned a surcharge to search/ scan and clean up the plan which makes me wonder how clear or not the plans are..

Thanks

Timg

Ps. Pm sent

19/11/2021 15:05:13

Hi Ray

Have you had chance to continue your build?

She is looking really nice

Have you built her as per the plan (apart from the cabin roof)?

Is everything on the plan needed to build or do you need the magazine article aswell?

I ask because I'm looking for my next build early next year but want to start picking materials up . I'm looking for abit of a Sunday sailer to sail in light to medium wind .

Thanks

Timg

19/11/2021 15:04:42

Hi Ray

Have you had chance to continue your build?

She is looking really nice

Have you built her as per the plan (apart from the cabin roof)?

Is everything on the plan needed to build or do you need the magazine article aswell?

I ask because I'm looking for my next build early next year but want to start picking materials up . I'm looking for abit of a Sunday sailer to sail in light to medium wind .

Thanks

Timg

Thread: Cygnus GM33
06/09/2021 22:10:45

Thanks for all the kinds words ,

The OAL is 25" x 11" beam

And the port hole is 18" at 1:1 scale lol.

She is just a generic type of a fishing boat .

Maiden sail yesterday all went well and completely dry inside after 3hrs of been on the water , that's a result in my book!

20210906_220206.jpg

Working on the mast tonight , I have used my airbrush for most of the painting on the model just to get some practice in, so far so good.

More updates to come and hopefully I will have her more or less finished by the end of the month for our last club event .

Timg

Thread: Westbourne project
29/08/2021 10:56:21

Hi Charlie

Nice to see another model been restored , sorry I can't help with any extra pictures, have you looked for the plans ?

Good luck with it

Timg

Thread: Mixing paint
28/08/2021 00:23:51

I should have added the model / vessel details

The real tug

50ft motor tug built in 1963 by Drypool Engineering & Dry dock company in Hull ,for Gilyott & Scott freight company. She still operates up and down the river Hull for her new owner John Dean tugs.

The model is 1/24th scale , 27.5" long grp hull, most parts are scratch built .

I live in Hull and see the tug most weeks although she now has a completely different bridge after a refit a few years ago, which may be a future project .

Timg

Thread: Wide-A-Wake
27/08/2021 23:50:54

I have to agree with what has already been said about the quality of your work Richard, very impressive.

I'm looking forward to seeing the end result

Timg

Thread: Aeronaut pilot boat
22/08/2021 01:03:33

Hi Philby

I like the look of that kit , and will be watching your progress.

The only aero naut kits I have built have have had wooden hulls , which fitted together pretty well really, hopefully your abs parts will be of a similar standard, as Richard said it will be interesting to see how the skins fit .

good luck with your build

Timg

Thread: Cygnus GM33
22/08/2021 00:50:24

Sorry about the last picture..

22/08/2021 00:49:40

Hi All

Just a few pics of my latest build, I did start it a couple of years ago , fitting the prop shaft/ motor and rudder . Restarted the build and been making steady progress over the last few months .

MBD 1/16th grp hull /deck /capping rail/wheel house and roof , pretty heavy but strong the rest is scratch built more or less .

20210807_223800.jpg

20210807_225158.jpg

20210816_234753.jpg

Thanks for looking

Timg

09/08/2021 22:07:32

Hi All

A few pics on the pond from a couple of weeks ago, now quite finished yet, a little more information needed on the steering components/deck fittings . I'm happy with the result so far.

Thanks for looking

20210724_143411.jpg

20210724_143434.jpg

Thread: All my model boat builds history
25/06/2021 11:42:39

Hi Bob

Great idea to have a record of the model's you have built, and very impressive with what you have posted so far .

I have always wanted to build a Louis Heloise, I do have the plans but that's as far I have got. How long did the build take you ? And are there any parts that are difficult . I will probably build something a little easier before I give it ago.

Thanks

Timg

25/06/2021 11:42:38

Hi Bob

Great idea to have a record of the model's you have built, and very impressive with what you have posted so far .

I have always wanted to build a Louis Heloise, I do have the plans but that's as far I have got. How long did the build take you ? And are there any parts that are difficult . I will probably build something a little easier before I give it ago.

Thanks

Timg

25/06/2021 10:51:39

Thanks Richard,

quite a bit to do yet as most of the fittings are scratch built ( the hull is grp and bought a good few years ago ) I will post a few on the water pictures when it happens

24/06/2021 23:05:17

Hi All

My build is moving along (very slowly due to it being silly season at work) looking abit more like a tug

20210624_221411.jpg

Thread: Yachting Monthly Eventide
08/06/2021 20:48:49

Hi Ray

She looks beautiful on the water ( and off the water ), the perfect weather for sailing st the moment.

It would be great to see your Wild duck sailing with her .

Timg

Thread: Blackpool show October 2021 16/17
19/05/2021 09:00:15

That's great news, thanks letting us know

something to look forward to 🖒

Good luck with sorting it all out

Timg

Thread: 1/32 Mountfleet Models Sir Lancelot
09/04/2021 18:19:11

Hi George

She is coming along nicely,

for your issue at the bow, could you add abit of cardboard to see how it looks or take 2.5 off the high side and add 2.5 on to the low side ( see what other members suggest 1st they might have a better solution)..

Good luck

Tim

Thread: 2021 Builds during lockdowns
06/04/2021 12:05:31

Very nice Ray , 5 months well spent

the weather should be a bit warmer by next week for het maiden sail

Tim

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Nylet
Sarik
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor