By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Empire Parkstone

Here is a list of all the postings Empire Parkstone has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: My Time Media. Model Boats Magazine.
26/08/2020 12:13:13

Sept Issue just dropped through the doorsmiley

Thread: PERKASA 49
25/08/2020 19:06:45

At a push you can get plan of Brave Borderer from Sarik hobbies I did have the precedent plans Will have a shufti but if I recall they not much cop

Thread: Opening up.
16/08/2020 19:16:51

Social distance will be over the as theRussian Vaccine works they have been testing it secretly in Salisbury for a few weeks

Thread: A decent kit for a beginner
11/08/2020 18:58:07

whichever ones takes your Eye do a search on here or mayhem someone has probably built one

31/07/2020 19:24:50

ah 45 was stationed down the road from us in Aden the Parkstone was ok as long as you didn't have a lower bunk

Never ever got a daytime crossing

31/07/2020 16:23:31

Not ''45'' by any chance? Derek

30/07/2020 12:39:43

My one came Today

Thread: water jet boat
29/07/2020 20:06:26

Chris sorry I missed your bit about more Oooomph no it wasn' t near full throttle that was just a snap shot from a video it is more than fast enough . Interesting articles

29/07/2020 09:37:01

With a draft of 40 mm centre 30 mm outer she is nearly flat bottomed the jets are 20 mm D going more level well she can This a small boat 21'' and will bounce easily but for the jets to fire above water she'd have to be nosediving.

Anyway the OP asked if the jets had to be below or partially above the waterline I say below the internal plumbing layout also determines it as the props need to be submerged

Very nice Neil I was tempted to get some buckets but so far touch wood as she will turn on the spot

28/07/2020 22:52:18

How can the outlets be OUT of the water Ashley think again

28/07/2020 19:02:57

on My Pibber at low speed the jets are completely below surface and as speed in creases and planes they are deeper. This creates a furrow astern the jets are firing down at whatever the hull angle the the Plume you see is coming from below surfacecapture.jpg

Thread: 3 Motors RC Boat
15/07/2020 09:29:00

My Replacement is One Turnigy 3648 1450kv outrunner

14/07/2020 22:37:35

Scale torpedo boats? well my 1/24 S-boot ran on 3 x MFA 850's it now runs as fast if not faster on 1 brushless. I would think if not bigger than the one in post definitely lot heavier

03/07/2020 11:35:29

I heard He used to be Midshipman in the Navy

01/07/2020 19:25:59

How do you know she's a Lady might be be an ex Wrensmiley

Thread: Magazine wanted
24/06/2020 10:00:22

You will need to check if it as the plans

**LINK**

Thread: Inherited model identification & help
12/06/2020 18:58:52

Its been around for donkeys years never by Robbe originally https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23045.0

**LINK**

Edited By Empire Parkstone on 12/06/2020 18:59:58

Thread: Tx modify from dry cell to rechargeable battery pack
09/06/2020 10:25:31

Why not a 6v rechargable pack

Thread: Comtesse Sailing Yacht
04/05/2020 16:32:12

Yeah no sat nav then.Only thing other than Compass we had a direction finder but that had to be helped by the guys in trouble sending short signals. Map reading A to B no problem as the observer had to read as well as the pilot Reconnaissance more the observer for 6 figure contact shouts.

04/05/2020 09:03:45

Longest flight in one George? we did from Hannover down to Toulon mainly Esso roadmapsmiley on route to Tobruk . Needless to say the Med was a bridge too far that was on an LST. The return was on surface as our fitter found a wee crack in tail rotor gearbox. All Siouxs were grounded then till checked. ours were brought back by Hercules.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Nylet
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor