By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Various fittings for sale including Billing Nordkap 477 and Amati Albion

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nick Lloyd 323/08/2013 13:59:36
4 forum posts

Sorry, but the sales board is for regular contributors only. See Topic title.

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 23/08/2013 14:20:51

Nick Lloyd 308/09/2013 12:02:08
4 forum posts

Hi Colin

Is there any particular reason to block non "regular contributors"? I'm trying to sell some of my dad's things so am not a commercial person trying to abuse the system.

Regards

Nick Lloyd

Paul T08/09/2013 14:15:58
4095 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Nick

It is very difficult for Colin to distinguish between genuine contributor and someone who just wants a free 'ebay' especially when the person posting the items for sale has no or very little history of involvement in forum discussions and haven't even filled in their user profile.

If you had been a regular reader of forum discussions you would know that there is a moratorium on non contributor sales and would also know that a simple and polite private message to Colin to explain your wish might just smooth the way to a successful posting.

Regards

Paul

Colin Bishop, Website Editor08/09/2013 14:52:32
2233 forum posts
5290 photos
314 articles

Nick,

As Paul says, we do have a lot of private people registering on the site solely in the hope of selling things for a variety of reasons and if we were to permit them all then the Forum would very quickly become a bit of a 'bring and buy stall' which is not what it is meant to be for. There are plenty of alternative sales channels such as Ebay and the like which can be used.

Many regular contributors to the Forum use the 'Latest Posts' facility and we are keen that this should reflect the ongoing model boating discussions and not be clogged up with sales messages.

I will occasionally make an exception if, in my judgement, the situation warrants it but this a fairly rare circumstance.

Regards,

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec Ltd
Airtek hobbies
MountFleet
Product Of The Month
MyHobbyStore
RRP £89.99
Now Only £84.99
Buy Now
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Model Boats Offers
New! Digital Archive of Back Issues - Subscribers only.
Shows and Events
Model Boating Events 2014
Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers