By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

stealth canal boat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ashley needham31/07/2012 21:22:46
3310 forum posts
171 photos

pictures say it all. Fantastic.Spotted (with great difficulty) moored outside "the Weir" PH, oddly enough...where I saw the fab slippers.

stealth canal boat #3

stealth canal boat#4

stealth canal boat#2

stealth canal boat at walton

Colin Bishop, Website Editor31/07/2012 21:39:00
2258 forum posts
5290 photos
314 articles

Concealed armament then....

Colin

mike farrell31/07/2012 21:55:02
186 forum posts
6 photos

What a strange shape for a narrow boat,must love their privacy.Front lets little natural light and no forwards viewing travelling. Looks well fabricated . I,d love to find out the builder ,it definately do not come from the famous Doncaster Tug stable or any of the Midland yards that Iknow but then its 20 years since we sold our last boat. You find the most amazing items so well done wink

Paul T01/08/2012 08:04:12
4133 forum posts
781 photos
2 articles

It is very odd but as Mike says it is very well built.

Given the shape and colour of the barge the KB 637 could refer to the Sturgeon class of submarines the construction of the bow certainly gives the impression of some kind of military inspired design.

More disturbingly the barge name of Westfalia coupled with the colour and the spartan militaristic style has Neo Nazi overtones.

I wonder what the thought process is behind this unusual boat.

Paul

ashley needham01/08/2012 18:51:45
3310 forum posts
171 photos

If you google image "stealth canal boat" you get lots of pictures of one done like a "U" boat.

Not sure if this is imaginative or sad....the mrs thinks its sad. She thinks its all sad and I should get an anorak to go boating with. Such is the support I get at home!

I did see the owner go to the boat but didnt get there it time, as I was drunk as usual (at the Weir) what can I say it is a miracle I could hold the phone steady to take the photos. I would have loved to see it move off, there is probably a 5 litre V8 in there....

It was very well done and looked either new(ish) or jolly well cared for. Low maintenance mind, not a lot of polishing to do. But does it need to sleep in a speacial shed like the American stealth bombers in case the rain washes off the stealth coating??

Ashley

shipwright01/08/2012 20:42:21
161 forum posts
51 photos

Ashley - I assume that is the Weir PH at Walton on Thames ? I'm sure "drunk" isn't your usual state (how could you play your euphonium if your are normally drunk?) !! And the photos show no sign of camera shake. Very sorry to hear that your wife thinks you need an anorak to go model boating (but have you filled her dining room with model boats?). I currently use my garage as a "shipyard" and I still haven't completed the model boat work in the dining room that I started several months ago. However it is my intention to return the dining room soon to its normal status as a room where people eat !

Ian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec Ltd
MountFleet
Airtek hobbies
Product Of The Month
MyHobbyStore
RRP £89.99
Now Only £84.99
Buy Now
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Model Boats Offers
New! Digital Archive of Back Issues - Subscribers only.
Shows and Events
Model Boating Events 2014
Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers