By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Request for plans.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dry Dock.02/03/2012 23:40:15
11 forum posts
4 photos

Hi everyone, I've put a request in the Scratch Build section for a set of plans for a beam trawler published in Model Boats, November 2000 issue. If anyone can help I would be most greatful. Hope you dont mind me repeating it in this topic.

Regards, Bob Powis.

Andy Hustler02/04/2012 01:18:51
379 forum posts
8 photos

Hi bob it's a bit late a night now but i will have a dig through my mags later on . If i have it it's yours for the price of a donation to rnli,ssafas, british legion or help for heros . Cant promise but will look for you .

Best wishes

Andy

Andy Hustler02/04/2012 17:17:38
379 forum posts
8 photos

Hi bob , I have had a look through my files and found the Magazine and the free plan to go with it . Let me know your adress and i will send it on to you within 24hrs of geting your adress , depending on the post !!!!

Andy Hustler06/04/2012 21:50:06
379 forum posts
8 photos

Hi bob i just got your message and will try and post in morning , failing that after the easter holidays . Send me a picture after you have made it .

Best wishes and happy boating

Andy

Dry Dock.09/04/2012 23:40:08
11 forum posts
4 photos

Cheers Andy, this is going to be a first for me, I've been told its plank on frame, I've bought a really good fret/scroll saw (Hegner, spending some of my retirement money) so lets hope I can cut the bulkheads out correctly, and then get the planking right, I'm going to build it in a jig to stop any warping. I will of course post some pics on the site as it progesses.

Many thanks for your help, Bob.

Andy Hustler12/04/2012 13:25:41
379 forum posts
8 photos

Bob sorry for the delay in getting your mag and plan out to you and i will post on tuesday . I have not been able to do before due to lack of funds . .

Dry Dock.15/04/2012 12:53:02
11 forum posts
4 photos

Andy, when you send the plans please include your address so I can re-enburse you for the items plus the postage.

Regards, Bob.

Andy Hustler15/04/2012 18:09:34
379 forum posts
8 photos

Bob all i request is you throw a few coins in the RNLI, SSAFA ,BRITISH LEGION or HELP FOR HEROS .You are more than welcome to these items as i would rather someone put them to good use than sat here gathering dust ..

Dry Dock.24/04/2012 09:24:54
11 forum posts
4 photos

Hi Andy, THe mag and plans arrived today, many thanks, they are exactly what I needed, I'll keep you updated with the building. Like yourself I'm also building Italeri's E Boat, I spent quite a bit of money on it, ordering the scale props from Prop Shop, along with the shafts, I've installed them exactly to scale and without any deviation from the angles they are set inside the hull, I'll post some closeup photo's of the work sofar. The shafts fit very low inside the hull and I'm having a problem getting couplings on the two outer shafts, I dont know why I bothered with the two outers, I might just leave them for scale looks, and only connect up the centre shaft to a motor as this model runs very well on just the one prop. I'm also making the large rear end support and bearing for the centre prop and shaft in brass instead of the plastic one you'll see in the photo's. Good luck with your build, and I'll let you know how my one comes along.

Regards, Bob.

Dry Dock.24/04/2012 13:15:54
11 forum posts
4 photos

Andy, I've added the photo's of the Shaft and Prop installation on my Schnellboot.

Regards, Bob.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec Ltd
Airtek hobbies
MountFleet
Product Of The Month
MyHobbyStore
RRP £89.99
Now Only £84.99
Buy Now
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Model Boats Offers
New! Digital Archive of Back Issues - Subscribers only.
Shows and Events
Model Boating Events 2014
Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers