By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

HMS Sheffield RC Boat - Over 12ft long

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steven Kipping16/10/2011 22:13:33
9 forum posts
Hi,

I'm now looking for a new home for my radio controlled model of the HMS Sheffield. This is no ordinary model though, as it's well over 12ft long. It's fully radio controlled and was built completely from scratch by my great Uncle Jack who has now passed on. Jack was a skilled engineer and had built many model boats before this one (I have 3 others of his for sale too, more detail on those to follow later).

Anyway I've made a video to introduce the model to you
http://youtu.be/2_spLKj46QQ
and there are some pictures as well on my Flickr account
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwscux5

It's in need of a little cleaning up and some attention here and there where the detailing has taken some damage. Unfortunately there's no way I'm going to be able to do this model justice and get it back to it's glory days as I just don't have the time or skill. It seems a shame that this model is tucked away from public sight when it should be displayed at shows or used on boating lakes as it was built for. I have many fond memories of this beast being used on the local lake when I was a kid.

I'm looking for sensible offers for this unique model please. It comes supplied with all the blueprints that were made for it (Jack had to be security checked by the Navy before he could have copies) and plenty of research material to show how the real HMS Sheffield looked.
neil howard-pritchard16/10/2011 22:44:38
1005 forum posts
78 photos
I hope you don't mind but I have just put a link of your youtube video of the Sheffield on to Model boat mayhem.....I just find it stunning AND beautiful.........only wish I had room for it......WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MODEL, of a beautiful class of ship.
neil.

Steven Kipping16/10/2011 22:51:20
9 forum posts
Hi Neil, no that's great thank you for reposting it. The more exposure it gets the better really. I want it to be seen by people and I want it to go to a good home too.
It does take up a fair amount of room that's for sure
It's always been something that I admired as a child and whenever I went to his house I wanted to see what he'd been up to. I think he enjoyed showing it as much as I enjoyed looking at it.
Thanks again
Steven Kipping31/01/2012 08:52:35
9 forum posts
Now sold

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Premier Ship Models
MountFleet
Airtek hobbies
Slec Ltd
Product Of The Month
MyHobbyStore
RRP £89.99
Now Only £84.99
Buy Now
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Model Boats Offers
New! Digital Archive of Back Issues - Subscribers only.
Shows and Events
Model Boating Events 2014
Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers