Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Bell SK5 Hovercraft plans

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Hustler24/05/2010 00:22:40
480 forum posts
10 photos
Bell SK5 hovercraft plans FREE,GRATIS,NOWT . Had the plans enlarged from an old magazine but lack the skill to build sirt . If you would like these give me a shout and you can have them i will pay postage .All i ask is a small donation to RNLI/HELP FOR HEROS /BRITISH LEGION.
neil howard-pritchard24/05/2010 08:31:53
1024 forum posts
78 photos
pm sent. cheers.
Andy Hustler15/06/2010 12:37:45
480 forum posts
10 photos
Neil plans on the way this afternoon annd as a bonus at no extra cost i have found 2 other plans that i had made up from the originals so you may make copies at your own will .
Best wishes
Andy
neil howard-pritchard15/06/2010 13:40:22
1024 forum posts
78 photos
many thanks Andy, and very nice to talk to you on the phone.
Next stop an RNLI Hovercraft.hope the misses is up to sowing a skirt.............hope it's not in Paisley pattern,. lol
Len Ochiltree15/06/2010 15:03:08
525 forum posts
64 photos
Hi Guys,
How big will the Model be,as I always fancied making one.

Len.
neil howard-pritchard15/06/2010 17:23:43
1024 forum posts
78 photos
`eventually when i get round to it, it'll be around 37" if memory serves me right...1;12 scale
but i have 7 lifeboats to build before that, Len and at the mo am doing s*d all modelling as i'm tryiNg to fit a kitchen in the family home........slowly........I HATE DIY. LOL

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 15/06/2010 17:25:26

Phillip Steele23/10/2011 08:21:37
5 forum posts
This may be a late post but I was wondering if you still have the plans for the SK-5?
I was a pilot for the US Army, Air Cushion Vehicle Unit (later changed to the 39th Cav.), 9th Infantry Division Vietnam 1969-1970 and have been lookng for a kit/set of plans.
I was piloting 902 on January 9,1970 with 23 of us onboard when we struck a 500 pound bomb left unexploded in the Plain of Reeds near the "Parrots Beak". That is the Cambodian/Vietnam border line that looks like a parrots beak west of Siagon. I have footage taken with a Super 8 movie camera of the recovery effort on the next day. I have it on DVD now if anyone is interested. Not much to see but a very large hole and some charred wreckage. I also have several pictures of the unit.
I would like to possibly find an accurate kit or if not struggle with building from scratch. I am not very accomplished as a model builder but will give it a good try. There were some field modifications made which I could incorporate into the model.
This would mean a lot to me if I could get my old Craft back. I would like to have this for my units reunion in 2012.
Thanks in advance,
Phillip Steele
Pilot 901-902-903 US Army Air Cushion Vehicle unit Vietnam
Colin Bishop, Website Editor23/10/2011 10:39:05
3371 forum posts
5844 photos
375 articles
Hi Phillip,

That is a very interesting post, thank you for it.

I am not aware of any SK5 kits around but plans are still available from the MyHobbyStore range:

A build article by Tom Andrews was originally published in the July 1982 issue of Model Boats magazine and republished in last year's Commemorative Special issue edited by myself.

In view of your special interest I am emailing you a copy of the article which you may find of interest.

Regards,

Colin
Phillip Steele23/10/2011 22:03:53
5 forum posts
Colin,
Thanks for the response. Any info is greatly welcomed.
Thanks again,
Phil
neil howard-pritchard23/10/2011 22:48:18
1024 forum posts
78 photos
I have the set of plans that andy sent to me some time ago....if you would like me to send you a copy, just pm me your address and I'll send a copy by snail mail.
neil.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Boats? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Airtek hobbies
Shrek
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Digital Archive of Back Issues - Subscribers only.
Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor