Magazine and Website Contacts

How to get in touch.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop11/02/2009 20:07:28
3535 forum posts
5867 photos
382 articles
Please note that queries to Paul Freshney as Model Boats magazine editor should  be via the contacts given in the magazine or by email to editor@modelboats.co.uk  and not as personal messages on the Forum.

Anything to do with the Forum or the Website generally can be via personal message to myself as I will be monitoring them.

Thanks,

Colin
Dr John Booth14/02/2009 07:02:42
90 forum posts
1 photos
Colin
I do recall that Paul asked a question of Vinnie relating to the submission of articles for publication on the site,  given the remarks in your posting can we assume that the same pm procedure will apply to this process?

John
Colin Bishop14/02/2009 09:55:15
3535 forum posts
5867 photos
382 articles
John, I assume you mean articles posted by Members as opposed to those published in the magazine? I can't give you an immediate answer on that as I haven't started looking at the article facilities yet. My immediate priorities are sorting out the reported glitches on the Forum and then updating the outdated magazine content on the website. As I think I've already mentioned, the basic instructions for administering the website run to 16 pages and are still not yet complete so there is a lot to take on board. I am however compiling a list of queries and requests for attention as soon as time permits and have added this one to it.

Colin

Dr John Booth15/02/2009 07:20:56
90 forum posts
1 photos
Hello Colin

Yes it is the posting of articles on the site to which I refer and thank you for your rapid and candid reply.
I agree that the outdated content needs addressing and thank you for being so proactive in dealing with our glitch problems, it must be a very difficult time for you keeping all of these balls in the air.

Regards

John
Dr John Booth20/02/2009 16:32:36
90 forum posts
1 photos
Hello Colin

You have been a very busy bee sorting out the outdated content and the home page is getting to be very interesting again.
This is really good work and I am sure that you will be keeping up the new high standards, it looks like we might have the makings of a great site after all.

I look forward to a far more dynamic site in the future.

Regards

John
Colin Bishop20/02/2009 17:33:07
3535 forum posts
5867 photos
382 articles
Thanks John, still quite a bit to do yet to get up to date though. I do have an idea or two to keep the site looking fresh but I'm keeping them up my sleeve for the moment.

Colin
Dr John Booth21/02/2009 07:08:26
90 forum posts
1 photos

Hello Colin

It has to be said that the site is looking a lot better and that the level of member involvement is slowly increasing, you have even re-vitalised Pauls faith in the site, and so I believe that the congratulations are well deserved.
New ideas????

I hope that you wear short sleeved shirts

John

Paul T21/02/2009 17:59:50
6260 forum posts
1042 photos
2 articles
Hi Colin

The home page is a whole lot better now and I do like the photos.
Oh yes I would like to know about the new ideas.

Paul
Bob Abell21/02/2009 18:27:45
8118 forum posts
2509 photos
Hello Colin

In the gallery section...............When we click on "latest pictures"...............er.....................They are not the latest pictures!

Gerrit sorted!

Bob
Colin Bishop22/02/2009 23:08:08
3535 forum posts
5867 photos
382 articles
Bob,

No, they are probably not. There are some ongoing bugs in this area which technical support are aware of. Apparently the whole website including all the magazines are affected. There are a range of issues which have been prioritised and which are being worked through.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Boats? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14th
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
Shrek
LME Nov 2
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor