By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Certification of steam boiler?

Steam Plant Boiler testing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
neil howard-pritchard12/05/2008 18:24:00
1006 forum posts
78 photos

I bought a Cheddar Maxi steam plant with two twin cylinder puffin engines of a gentleman some time ago which are planned to go into an Imara Tug eventually.

I bought them as second hand although they were brand new and never even had compressed air put through them.

I have three questions if anyone could answer, please.

1) although the plant came with a boiler certificate when new in the late 1990's it has obviously expired. Do I need a boiler certificate every year for such a plant.

2) does anyone know of a tester up here near Blackpool/Fleetwood who would be able to test and certificate this boiler, and does one need to be a member of a club to have a cert issued.

3) I believe ther is an "owners club" for cheddar steam plant owners, does any member know where they hale from.

Many thanks for any info on these questions.

Neil.

HS 9314/05/2008 07:48:00
91 forum posts
25 photos

Try your local model engenering  club.is that the one sold on ebay  recently ?if so it was a bargin I was going to bid but missed the end, also have you got a biger gas tank for it as the one that was being sold with it was for a mini Vap plant and a bit small.

http://www.swambc.webeden.co.uk/#/csc/4515573422

Peter

neil howard-pritchard14/05/2008 09:07:00
1006 forum posts
78 photos

no, peter.

I bought this one about 2/3 years ago complete with an Imara tug that had had a lot of beautiful work done on her already for the staggering price of (wait for it) £500 in total.NOW THAT WAS A BARGAIN.!!

the gas tank on the one I bought was just the normal cylindrical flat bottomed cannister that fits into a cradle inside the hull.

What i got for my money has to be seen to be beleived.

the club locally to me isn't the greatest in coming forward with help I'm sorry to say?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec Ltd
MountFleet
JSB MODELS
Airtek hobbies
Product Of The Month
MyHobbyStore
RRP £89.99
Now Only £84.99
Buy Now
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Model Boats Offers
New! Digital Archive of Back Issues - Subscribers only.
Shows and Events
Model Boating Events 2014
Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers